Thursday, September 11, 2008

I got a spontaneous taste for Glazed Cinnamon Rolls

At first I was going to go make a quick run to Publix and grab some from their bakery. But then I mentally went through possible ingredients I had on hand. I don't have any yeast here but then I remembered that I have an unopened box of Bisquick.

And I know that you can typically make several breads and things with Bisquick. So I looked online and sure enough there were several Bisquick cinnamon roll recipes. I took step by step pictures of what I did as well as measured everything exactly (unlike when I cook dinners LOL.....I can get away with not measuring so much when cooking other things) because when baking stuff I'm always scared it won't come out right unless I follow the recipe EXACTLY.

***Rolls***
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter or margarine

***Glaze***
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk (I had to use water because I ran out of milk, LOL)
1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions:
***ROLLS***:
Heat oven to 375 F. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches. Stir together 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.

Stir Bisquick, 2 tablespoons sugar, and then milk in a large bowl.

Mix with a fork; dough will be sticky. Gradually mix in enough Bisquick (up to 1/4 cup) to make dough easy to handle.

Turn dough onto surface well dusted with Bisquick; gently roll in Bisquick to coat.

Shape into ball; knead 10 times. Roll into rectangle, 15x9 inches; spread with butter.

Sprinkle evenly with sugar mixture; sprinkle evenly with raisins.

Roll up tightly, beginning at 15-inch side. Seal well by pinching edge of dough into roll.

Cut into 1 1/4-inch slices; place cut sides down in pan.

Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.

Spread Glaze over warm rolls.


***GLAZE***: Stir powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.

No comments: