Friday, August 1, 2008

I finally purchased a fryer..............


....and I fried some chicken. I prefer baked chicken over fried, but I had been craving fried chicken alll last week so I caved in and bought a small fryer. It was only $26 + tax at Target.

I really didn't measure anything. I just combined some flour and seasonings and coated my cleaned chicken with it; coated with an egg and water mixture next; and, then coated with plain flour.

I then, filled the fryer with canola oil, turned the fryer up to about 360 degrees and let the oil heat up. I placed about 3 at a time in the oil and let it fry for about 20 minutes. Gosh, it came out goooooooood and flavorful! Oh yeah, I brined the chicken for about an hour before I began frying it. Finger-lickin' good, I tell ya!

No comments: